Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Translations!

There should be a lot of song and dance in the class! We're starting with simple poems; unlike the typically gruesome nursery hrymes!

Here's some poetry that SA exposed me to, when I was a child:

1)
Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the great big ocean,
And the lovely land!

2)
This I learnt from the shadow of the tree
did sway upon a wall,
My shadow self, my influence,
May fall,
Where I may never be.

Just thought that this, being in English, may still seem complicated to kids. And if I actually study and explain it in the class like their textbook poems, they will stop thinking of it as simple poetry which they can hum anytime. And hence, a Hindi poetic translation is a must!

१)
ठुकराकर  मन की अकड़
बूंद  बूंद जब हो गए एक,
एक दूजे का हात पकड़
कण कण जब हो गए एक,
तब बना यह विशाल सागर
और बनी यह धरा मनोहर|

२)
एक पेड़  की परछाई
दूर दिवार पर थी छाई,
जिसे  देख मैं समझ पाई-
मेरा प्रभाव, मेरी परछाई,
वहा भी हो सकती हैं छाई,
जहा कभी मैं खुद न पहुच पाई|

1 comment: